Thursday, January 27, 2011

Head'n to Honduras


THIS IS THE FACE OF A BLESSED WOMAN!
I experience many blessings as we live and serve in our little corner of the world: We are victorious, no matter our lot in life, through Jesus, the One who restores our souls. I share my life and passions with a wonderful, godly man who rises up to be a loving spiritual leader for his family. We have been blessed with three wonderful children who continue on the process of being spiritually transformed. We serve along side amazing team mates, working in unison, according to each one's talents and passions. We have been given the humbling honour to represent our Master through the sacrificial gifts of our supporting congregations and individual friends. We enjoy the privilege of watching God transform those with whom we are forming relationships. How did I get to be so blessed???

I'm looking forward to another blessing coming up for me March 14-18. Come Before Winter Women's Renewals is planning a retreat for those of us serving in Latin America. Being held in Honduras, I really didn't think it would be a possibility for me. Months have passed with the renewal in the back of my mind. Air tickets aren't cheap, nor could I find a frequent traveller who could donate 70,000 Continental AirPass points. After much prayer and contemplation, I have decided that the blessings that I will receive from the renewal far outweigh the cost of the airplane ticket (even with having to sleep in the Houston airport two nights!!). THEN I was extra blessed to have one of my dear supporters and friends, Gail Lawson, plan to come along with me!
Truly, it's blessing upon blessing!

We look forward to sitting at the feet of godly women like Jeanen Reese, Danita Jackson, and so many others. I am extremely grateful to the many who donate toward the ministry of Come Before Winter to cover the cost of lodging and food while we are there. WHAT a blessing!! If you have never heard of CbW, I invite you to check out their website at: http://www.comebeforewinter.org/

Will March EVER get here?
Until the next blog,

Alicia

No comments: