Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Life of Jesus-- Logan Version

Late greetings to all of you in blogger space. I'm a little behind with this week's blog. It's been a crazy week--but a good kind of crazy. We're getting a drama together for this Sunday. We're refining the process by which Bern and I will be training emerging leaders to take over our cell groups while we are away from Mexico this summer. I'm working with Logan in trying to plan a birthday party for him that doesn't include 100 of his closest friends, plus their families. (Believe me, the parties are HUGE here.) We've finally decided that he will invite three of his friends from school to a local water slide park. It's quite the ordeal trying to get in communication with the families. I'll drop by the school today and try to get some information from the teacher. AND---certainly not least, Logan is coming to the end of his homeschooling. The little boy in him is happy to see the final exams, but the tiny scholar in him is sad that he won't be "book learning" anymore. I think I'll have to find some "computer learning" for him to fill in the spaces of time for him. He's done very well in his studies. He's highly motivated. I've had to scold him a few times for running ahead in his books without my instruction. He is in the transition from printing to cursive, as well as from writing simple answers, to sentences, to creating paragraphs. He said he would rather talk than write, so coming up with answers to "fill up all the lines" he is given for some of the answers can be a challenge for him.
As I was checking his work the other day, I burst out with a "rolling on the floor" kind of laugh. Bern came running. I shared with him Logan's "creative writing" activity for the day. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did:

Imagine that you lived in Jesus' time. You and your friends go to hear Jesus teach. Tell what you would see and hear. (Following this question there is a daunting space of ELEVEN lines for him to "fill up". I have instructed him that he may not use Ashley's old trick of filling up the spaces with two lines of the word "very"---example: I am very, very, very, very happy to do my work.) Here is Logan's response:
I would see Jesus talking and helling people. I cude hear Jesus say good thengs to people. love your nebor like a bother. And your sins are forgiven git up and wake. and people are siting on the grass. He tells people of God's word. and people mite be hungre and theasty. And Jesus mite also be hungre and theastry. he mite tech till the cows com home.

So, there you have it folks--the life of Jesus, Logan version. Here's praying that the cows will never come home. We all have so much more to learn from our Master. What a blessing our children are to us. No wonder we are to be like these little ones--so pure, innocent, and full of fun and wonder.
May blessings be yours as you continue to envision Jesus and His teachings in your lives. Until next blog...
Bernard, Alicia and Logan



3 comments:

Bill Ulrich said...

What precious memories! Always enjoy your writings..Love, Wendy

Ian said...

I could read your missives "until the cows come home!" Thanks to both you and Logan for sharing. Love you guys.

ash_k said...

Haha Awesome work Logan!!