Friday, August 5, 2011

HOME Sweet HOME

(Click, Click, Click) "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. (fading) There's no place like home.

Okay, so I probably would not have chosen red glittery shoes...perhaps a cool hue of blue-sans the sparkle. Oh, how I envy that little piggy-tailed gal--What a great way to travel!! Sure, she endured trials along her way, but the modern day travel (20 hours in the truck over two days) is a tad slower (not to mention beastly on the back) than the clicking of the heels. (On second thought, the air flight during the tornado may NOT have been the best way to travel!)
And what about Dot's concept of home? Though I've not spent much time in Kansas, my elementary school geographical studies did not entice me to sell the farm and move "out west". (Mind you, that doesn't say much coming from a small-town, Alabama girl.) However, Dorothy knew where home was, and longed for the people and comfort of that home. I, on the other hand, am pulled three ways. More than anything, I long for the home that Jesus has prepared for me. You know the one--many roomed-mansion and streets of gold, no sorrow, no tears, no more longing for "home". But while I walk the paths of this life, I'm pulled between two "HOMES"--the place where our twins and other family live out their lives and the place where God has given us purpose and fulfilment through our ministry. Kansas may not have been much, but at least Dorothy knew it was "HOME".

I'm so glad we had three weeks at HOME in Canada with our kids and other family and friends, but it's great to be HOME again in Mexico. My heart stretches from the top of North America to the bottom. As we travel, I am reminded that the greatest blessing of that "where is home" tension is the many relationships that have been formed from place to place over the years. Thank you to the many who helped create lasting memories during our 2011 summer furlough--those who provided beds, meals, parties, BBQs, gifts, and gatherings through which to share our Mexico ministry. Those thanks extend to our loved ones in the "HOMES" to which we travelled: Lazaro Cardenas, San Antonio, Regina, Kenosee Lake, Dauphin, and Saskatoon. Please know that you have a "HOME" here in Mexico--Mi casa es tu casa! Enjoy the slideshow of memories.



No comments: